The Faculty of Science and Technology will award one Postgraduate Research Graduate School Scholarship (PGR GSS) to cover Home/EU tuition fees plus a stipend (£13,290 pro rata for 2009/2010).
This scholarship will be awarded to a new, full-time student for three years (subject to satisfactory progress) commencing in January 2010. Both Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply, with the expectation that International students secure funds to meet the difference between Home/EU (£3,400 p.a.) and Overseas (£10,000 p.a.) tuition fees for the duration of their programme.
Applications are invited for the projects listed below. Please contact Mrs Carole Watson (email: email@example.com, tel: +44 1752 586001) for more information.
1. Design and Development of an Intelligent Biomimetic Autonomous Robotic Fish
2. Composite materials for application in marine renewable energy systems
3. Sustainable Bio-Derived Foams for Marine Applications
4. Use of energy dissipaters to reduce wave uprush
5. Violent Wave Impact Modelling for coastal and offshore structures
6. A novel entropy approach on the evolution of beach profiles
7. Statistical Modelling for Sea Condition data via Quantile function modelling
8. Nonlinear modelling of sandbank dynamics
Candidates should have a first or upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a relevant MSc or MRes would be particularly welcome.
Applicants should send the following documentation to Mrs Carole Watson, Faculty of Science and Technology Research Administrator, Room A503, Portland Square, Plymouth, PL4 8AA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two references in envelopes signed across their seals
- Copies of transcripts and certificates
- If English is not your first language, evidence that you meet our English Language requirements (www.plymouth.ac.uk/elr)
- Ethnic and Disability Monitoring Form
For an application form and full details on how to apply, please visit
CLOSING DATE: 12 NOON, MONDAY 9TH NOVEMBER 2009
Official announcement can be obtained at: